Nutrition & Meal Planning
Mealtimes are important as they provide a welcome break in the day and meals should be enjoyable so that the person will look forward to them.Our caregivers can do meal planning, preparation and post meal clean up as required by the physical or cognitive situation.There is too much for our caregiver’s to do for us to cook meals from scratch and meals are normally delivered from Meals-on-Wheels, community meals, or other meal services. Especially if the situation requires multiple smaller meals a day due to eating restrictions or issues.
Our Nutrition and Meal Management services include:
• Properly preparing meals as required by the physical or cognitive situation.
• Ordering nutritious meals based on our client’s likes and eating restrictions.
• Heating meals and testing that the temperature is not too hot or too cold.
• Boosting food intake when appetite is poor or the people is losing weight
• Preparing snacks and drinks to boost calorie intake.
• Handling eating issues to resolve them.
• Going through the refrigerator and pantry and disposing of all spoiled and outdated items.